Thursday, October 10, 2013

October Julep Bombshell Box - Cleopatra

I haven't ordered a Julep box since May because I just haven't been interested at all. None of the colors nor cosmetics that they offered really piqued my interest until this month.


I went with the Bombshell box which contained Cleopatra, described as a black latex creme, Valerie, a teal with an iridescent microglitter, and their new Kajal eye glider. I haven't had a chance to try the eyeliner nor Valerie yet but I thought I'd bring you my thoughts on Cleopatra.



Ok.
I wanted to love this polish.
I REALLLLY wanted to love this polish.

But I just don't. 





The formula was smooth like most of Julep's polishes and didn't have much trouble during the application. It was a little streaky and I had to keep trying to fix the brush marks that were left visible after the polish dried. It dried fairly quickly butttt it also chipped extremely quickly! I had it on for about 45 minutes before I noticed 4 chips on one hand. I wear matte finish polishes often (like my favorite, Mentality) and don't have issues with the immediate chipping. 

My accent finger is Adella by Sealore Polish

( 2 coats, no top coat in direct sunlight)


It was just eh. I had such high hopes for the polish. Will I keep it in my collection? Yes. I like the finish of it, the latex look is pretty cool but as far as one that I can rave about? That's not happening. I am usually head over heels with Julep's polishes so maybe this one was just a fluke. 


Did you get a Julep box this month? Which did you get?! 

ALSO!!!! Reminder! My giveaway ends in 24 hours! If you haven't entered yet, what are you waiting for?!! Go go go!

No comments:

Post a Comment