Saturday, September 7, 2013

Come out, come out and play.

I have more Mentality polish to show you today. I know I know, I've been raving about them since I started this blog but whenever I'm out of inspiration to do my nails, I always end up with another one of their polishes in my hands! I can't help it!

Recently they were kind enough to send me another bottle of my favorite black, Rascal, and I even though I had already swatched it, I wanted to do something else with it. I mean, what do you do when you have a beautiful blank canvas and no idea what to put on them...WELL. YOU PUT DOTS ON THOSE FINGERS. (I just made up an entire song to Beyonce's Single Ladies pertaining to putting dots on it..)


I loved how they came out! They were fun to look at, and my little didn't even tell me they were my angry nails because they looked so fun and cute. How great does Rascal look as a canvas to create art on? I wish I could gift this to everyone!










Check out below the cut for more swatches of another Mentality polish and shots of 2 of the new Hard Candy polishes that have hit Walmart's racks

 My other Mentality polish that I have for you today is Virginia. It's so impossible to choose just one polish to buy when you're on a budget so I just went with the first one that spoke to me. Virginia is a pale, icy blue, with a hint of mint and beautiful shimmer. Virginia is a matte polish so the finish is similar to Rascal, 2 perfectly smooth coats and I was in loveeee.




I also I hit Walmart up today to check out some of the new Hard Candy polishes and found these 2 that I just had to have! I'm not a giant fan of bar glitter and a lot of the newer polishes contained them so I passed but pink glitters? teal and yellow glitters? GIVE ME THAT.


I used Virginia as a base and  Emerald's Eve for my accent finger.



The formula is smooth, I used 2 thickish coats to give me full coverage but I'm sure you could get away with less if you're looking for a more transparent look! Only one coat of Seche to get it nice and smooth. I also used a top coat on top of Virginia in these so you can see the shimmer!


What do you think? Have you picked up any of the new Hard Candy polishes? What are you favorite matte polishes? Thanks for reading!

4 comments:

  1. This is so good. I love the colors! Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They're my goodbye to summer, dark nails are coming!

      Delete
  2. You are such an inspiration, this is THE COOLEST. EVER. I have shied away from matte finishes but now I might have to get a matte black to use as a canvas! Also HOW DO YOU GET THE DOTS SO PERFECT?? Please help an admiring amateur, bb! - Britt <3 xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't really a fan of matte either until recently and now I love it! You should try it! And the dots are made with a dotting tool, but you can use the end of a bobby pin for perfect circles!

      Delete