Saturday, September 21, 2013

Disney Villain Lookbooks by Elf!


Pick your poison. Who is your favorite Disney villain? ELF has the new Villain collection now in Walgreens stores. It's a collection complete with look books, lashes, nail polish, bags, everything! I haven't been able to find anything beyond the look books and polishes but I'm happy with my haul! I missed out on this collection last year, thinking I didn't need them but I realized this year that I couldn't let them pass me by again.

I picked up all 4 look books and passed on the polish (surprising, I know. I may regret it.) Each look book contains an eye shadow palette, liquid eyeliner, pencil eyeliner, eyelid primer, lip color (gloss, doe foot applicator), mascara, and an ELF eye shadow brush. All, except for the Ursula, have black liquid liner and a black mascara. Ursula has a navy blue liquid liner.

Ready for more? Do youuu want it?!


Sleeping Beauty is probably one of my least favorite Disney movies, I don't know.. I just never got into it. My bias against the movie didn't stop me from picking up the Maleficent look book.


The formula on all of the eye shadows were smooth and well pigmented. I've heard complaints that they aren't pigmented enough but I did not have an issue. I used the included primer in each of my swatches.



Evil Queen is made up of mostly browns and nice neutral colors that would make for a great fall look.




Cruella De Vil is also full of browns and coppers which could make a pretty smokey eye with a little bit of shimmer.





ANDDDD my favorite of them all, Ursula! It's no secret that I love this fierce sea witch with her banging body. I love the blues, pinks, and purples in this set. Although, this was the only set that I encountered slightly chalky eye shadow. Both sea witch and triton were a little tricky to swatch but I still love the colors. 






I love the liquid liner. It's smooth, the applicator is great, and although it's not waterproof, I didn't have any issue with smudging or it flaking off on me. I wore it for 12 hours at work yesterday and came home and it was exactly the same. I can't tell you how excited I am to have 4 new eyeliners, haha. The mascara was okay, nothing remarkable but it will work in a pinch.



And that's all! Would I recommend you pick these up? HELL YES. For $10, you get way more than you pay for, and seriously, how cute are they!

Have you tried this? What did you think?




6 comments:

  1. I'm in love with Disney and all of their palettes. I got them yesterday too. Thanks for sharing and for the swatches!! :D xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they're really pretty! I'm hoping to find some of the rest of the stuff.

      Delete
  2. If the $10 price tag didn't sell me, you're review (and your swatches) sure did! The Ursula is my favorite, on screen & on my face! Good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought the polishes today. .. I'm a polish whore though lol... love the swatches if I bought the look book I'd only buy Ursula! !! Too many brown in the others for me!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been going back and forth with myself about the polish, I need, I don't need, I need! I'm sure I'll crack and just buy them. Let me know how you like them!

      Delete